Name: Altaf Maaneshia
Altaf Maaneshia was born in India, raised in Pakistan and living in New York city. He earned Bachelor in Fashion Design, a masters in fashion trends and merchandise and applied studies in international fashion management and later worked on different projects with different brands such as Louis Vuitton Paris, Nordstrom, and Target. Altaf was a manager at H&M for about 3.5 years and then launched his own line. Altaf’s designs are directed to strong woman who are not afraid to empower their style.
2. Do you think hair and makeup make a difference on a model when promoting your designs? Hair and makeup definitely do make a difference on a model. You want to be able to send the right message for the clothes.
3. How are your designs different from others? I make high end, up to trend clothes at the best price. Not only are my clothes very skin friendly but I also focus on the structure of the body making anyone wear them stand out and look remarkable.
4. Do you try to send out a message or theme in your clothes? Yes, my designs do tell a story, I make my clothes very structured and trendy. I like strong woman; that are not afraid to be themselves and that is the hidden theme for my clothes in all seasons. Inspiration for SS '15 was Mystique Garden
5. Who is your fashion icon? I look up to Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, and Dolce & Gabbana
6. Do you have any advice for those people who want to become a fashion designer?
You need to have three important things to become successful. One is education. The second is to have the right exposure and the third is to have experience!
7. Describe the general process you go through to design ad realize a piece of clothing? In short I get inspired, do research and figure out right trend for upcoming season, assortment plan, research board, mood board, sketches, draping/pattern making, samples, fitting, final touches.
8. How would you describe your brand? I would describe my brand to be high end. I like to make my designs noticeable in a big crowd when someone is out wearing it.
9. Where can FGGW readers find your brand? Anyone can find my designs on my website. We are currently working on creating a e-commerce page for purchases. www.altafmaaneshia.com
Interviewer: Barby McQueen
Interviewee: Altaf Maaneshia
Date: December 10, 2014
Pictures Provided by Fashion Designer Altaf Maaneshia